- Participate in the development activities of an electric motor integrated with a propulsor for an electrically driven quiet ducted fan from initial motor design through qualification and certification
- Participate in the sizing, design, development and integration of components and subsystem comprising the electrical powertrain
- Collaborate with other disciplines to produce a mechanically sound and manufacturable design including the rotor retention, bearing system, housing, and structural components
- Execute trade studies to develop and optimize manufacturing processes
- Participate in vendor selection and development
- Support prototype and production motor builds
- Create process documentation
- Collaborate to develop and execute the engineering project plan for rapid product development
Fluency with solid modeling, product data management systems, and drawing release and review methods.
Design and manufacture of electric machines, preferably in aviation, or with high-power mobile applications.
- Thorough understanding of electric machine construction; components and manufacturing processes
- Detailed knowledge of machining, fabrication and assembly processes and capabilities
- Proficiency with DFMA tools and techniques
- Fluency with solid modeling tools (e.g. SolidWorks), product data management systems, and drawing release and review methods
- Strong technical writing and presentation skills
- First-hand experience with electric machines above 200 kW.
- Six-sigma certification, Black Belt preferred
Any specific industry experience
Aero or Power Gen Industry
- B.S. in mechanical or manufacturing engineering with 7 years of relevant experience
- M.S. in mechanical or manufacturing engineering with 5 years of relevant experience
For more details: Jeffrey.Inman@ltts.com