Digitalising Wind Energy Ecosystem
The wind sector has rapidly grown, and many of the leading players have scaled through mergers and acquisitions. This trend inherently creates a fragmented R&D capability and potential silos that can slow down innovation and escalates costs. The growing pressure is to accelerate innovation for faster time-to-market, streamline cost and develop value-adding services. Embracing digitalization, hybridization and modularisation across the value chain is key to solving this challenge.
Read this discussion paper developed by subject matter experts from L&T Technology Services (LTTS), PTC and Roland Berger to dig deeper into digital approaches that the wind sector needs to adopt to drive greater efficiencies across the value chain.
- Competitive advantage is dependent on cost efficiency
- The critical factors in driving down competitive costs
- The key to success is modularisation, digitalisation and hybridisation
- Accelerating innovation through modularisation
- Streamlining manufacturing
- Transport, handling, and installation
- Profitable after-sales service