Vibration Field Testing for Compressor
As part of design validation of a compressor device, vibration measurement was carried out to verify the vibration levels in various locations inside the compressor and to check the field failure of a chiller compressor at the low frequency condition.
Our approach included:
- Identifying 27 critical locations with severe vibration levels
- All 27 measurement locations were covered using seven tri-axial accelerometers with four sets of measurements and repeating sequence.
- A dampened model was proposed post which the vibration level was reduced within the limits for the improved design.
- CAE results were compared with the old and dampened model.
- The measurements were benchmarked with the data of the old system to study improvements.
Download the collateral to know more.