We at L&T Technology Services Limited (hereinafter referred to as “LTTS”, “we”, “our”, “us”) are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors. Through this policy, we explain how we will collect, use, retain, and disclose your Personal Data when you visit our website. Personal Data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person or Data Subject that includes name, identification number, location data an online identifier or one or more factors specific to physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
- This policy sets forth the expected behaviours of LTTS (hereinafter a reference to LTTS includes all LTTS entities and LTTS group companies) and associated third parties in processing any Personal Data belonging to the Data Subject identified by LTTS.
What Personal Data about me is collected and how is it stored?
- We may collect, store, and use the following kinds of Personal Data shared by you while visiting our website or mobile applications.
Information about your computer and about your visits to our websites and the manner you use our website (including your IP address, geographical location, the source from where you landed on LTTS website and your activity within the website.)
Information that you provide to us when registering with our website by providing your name, email, and contact details.
Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our email notifications and/or newsletters (including [your name] and [email address]).
Information that you provide to us when using the services on our website, or that is generated during the use of those services (including the timing, frequency, and pattern of service use).
Information contained in or relating to any communications that you send to us or send through enquiry forms or otherwise on our website (including the communication content and meta data associated with the communication).
Information that you provide during special contests, recruitment campaigns etc carried out by LTTS through the website.
Any other Personal Data that you choose to send to us.
Information that you provide when you raise a query through our website, call us, or write to us.
- We will not collect your Personal Data unless you voluntarily provide it to us.
- Before you disclose to us the Personal Data of any other person, you must obtain that person's Consent to both for disclosure as well as for processing of that Personal Data in accordance with this policy.
- LTTS has also integrated Google Analytics (with anonymization function) on this website. When you visit our website, Google Analytics anonymously collects certain data pertaining to your geographical location, the source from where you landed on our website (called referrers), and your activity within the website. Such information helps us better optimize the website and serve you with the content that is tailored to your needs.
- Our website also uses Google Analytics performance reports related to demographics, interests and reports on Google Display network impressions. Should you wish to disable Google Analytics for display advertising, kindly do so at https://adssettings.google.com.
Using your Personal Data
- Personal Data submitted to us through our website will be used for the purposes specified in this policy or on the relevant pages of the website.
We may use your Personal Data to:
- Administer our website and business.
- Enable your use of the services available on our website.
- Deal with enquiries and complaints made by you or about you relating to our website.
- Keep our website secure and prevent fraud.
- Optimize the website to serve you with the content that is tailored to your needs.
If you submit Personal Data for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us.
If you use our website
We collect Information, some of which contains Personal Data (Company Name, First Name, Last Name, Job Title, Phone Number, Email address (personal and corporate) and Country) that you provide on the website after filling the web forms for access to assets like cases studies, whitepapers, brochures, insights, analyst reports, webinars etc. on our website.
Moreover, we automatically collect certain information about you, which may include your Personal Data when you browse our website, such as your browser type, operating system, error logs from server, Operating System (OS) logs from Google Analytics and other similar information. Such aggregated information does not allow us to identify you, and is used by us to analyse trends, administer the website, monitor our website’s use, and gather general information about the use of our website.
The legal basis for such processing of your Personal Data is our legitimate interests.
Please note that you are not legally required to provide us with your Personal Data. However, without your Personal Data, we will not be able to provide you with the full range of our services that you might request.
If you contact our customer service, sales, or marketing
If you contact our customer service, sales, or marketing teams, we will communicate with you in response to your inquiries, to provide the services you request. When processing of your Personal Data is necessary for the performance of our services, the legal basis for such processing is therefore performance of contractual obligations. Please note that, in certain circumstances, if you do not provide your Personal Data which is required in relation to proving a service, sending you customer service-related communications or for fulfilling a contractual obligation, we will not be able to perform such contractual obligations or provide you with the required services and communications.
Information from third-party sources
We may receive information about you from social media platforms like Google, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube which is used to get visibility of statistics like number of clicks, impressions, video views etc. on the platform itself. We may also receive information about you when you submit a web form on the landing page to get access to any of our marketing collaterals which is being promoted on the social media platforms.
Information from Marketing communications
LTTS may collect and use Personal Data about individuals to send marketing and promotional communications that we may believe will be of interest to them. These communications may be sent in various ways, including by email or other electronic means or via post. However, we shall seek your Consent for performing such activities. You may choose to opt-out any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by clicking unsubscribe in our marketing email communication. We will cease to send you marketing information once you choose to opt-out/unsubscribe from the marketing activities. We may retain your minimum personal information to keep a record of opt-out request to ensure that you are not contacted again for the services for which you have opted out.
Information from bought-in Marketing list
LTTS may collect information via opt-in marketing lists that we receive from third party service providers for performing marketing campaigns / activities. However, you may choose to opt-out of such activities at any given time.
Our site is not intended for use by minors under the age of sixteen (16) years. LTTS does not knowingly collect, disclose, or sell the Personal Data of minors under 16 years of age. If you are under the age of 16, please do not provide any Personal Data even if prompted to do so. If you believe that you have inadvertently provided Personal Data, please ask your parent(s) or legal guardian to email us at email@example.com. On receipt of email communication from your parent(s) or legal guardian, we will delete your Personal Data and unsubscribe the child data from any of our electronic marketing lists.
Legal basis for processing your Personal Data
We use your Personal Data only with your Consent or knowledge. We may also process your Personal Data for our legitimate interest or to fulfil a contractual obligation or where it is required or permitted by law.
International data transfers
LTTS is a global company, and we may transfer Personal Data to other LTTS Group Company(ies) or suppliers outside your country. LTTS will take reasonable steps to ensure that your Personal Data is always protected, and any such transfers comply with applicable law.
LTTS may transfer and maintain your Personal Data covered by this Policy on servers or databases outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). Some of these countries may not have the equivalent level of protection under their data protection laws as in the EEA.
The countries to which we transfer data outside of the EEA may include any of the countries in which LTTS does business. All LTTS entities have signed a Binding Corporate Rules (BCR) containing the European Union (“EU”) Commission approved Standard Contractual Clauses for the transfer of data outside the EEA. All LTTS entities have the same technical, physical, and organizational security measures and controls and are required to comply with our data protection policies and procedures, applicable laws, and the terms of client contracts governing the collection and use of Personal Data.
Personal Data that you publish on our website or submit for publication on our website may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others. However, steps have been taken for protection of Personal Data as per this policy.
You expressly agree to the transfers of Personal Data described in this section.
Security of your Personal Data
- We take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse, or alteration of your Personal Data.
- We store all the Personal Data you provide on secure (password- and firewall-protected) servers.
- You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
Disclosing Personal Data
We may disclose your Personal Data to any of our employees, officers, advisers, agencies, and partners insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
We may also disclose your Personal Data to any member of our L&T group of companies (this means our affiliates and subsidiaries,) insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy. However, to ensure that your Personal Data receives an adequate level of protection, we have executed Binding Corporate Rules (BCR) containing the European Union (“EU”) Commission approved Standard Contractual Clauses with our [Group Company(ies)] to ensure that your Personal Data is treated by those Group Companies in a way that is consistent with this policy and applicable data privacy laws.
We may disclose your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law.
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
- To the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling; and
- To any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that Personal Data where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would likely order disclosure of that Personal Data.
- For disclosure of data when Consent is provided by Data Subject.
- For protection of intellectual property, usage terms and conditions and merger & acquisitions.
- To the extent the disclosure of data is justified as being in public interest as determined by a government authority.
- If the disclosure is necessary for the purpose of preventing or detecting a crime, or for the purpose of investigations.
- If a data controller (person, company, or body which determines the purpose and means of Personal Data processing) acted in belief that it had under applicable law the right to disclose the Personal Data to the other person; or that it had the Consent of the Data Subject if the Data Subject knew about the disclosure of the Personal Data and the circumstances of such disclosure.
Except as provided in this policy, we will not disclose your Personal Data to third parties.
Required by law or to prevent or investigate illegal activities
- We may also be required to disclose your Personal Data to government or law enforcement officials in response to a lawful request by a public authority, or if we have to do so to comply with a legal obligation, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- We can also disclose your information in order to pursue our legitimate interest in applying or enforcing our terms and conditions or in responding to any claims, in protecting our rights or the rights of a third-party, in protecting the safety of any person or in preventing any illegal activity (including for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction).
Is my Personal Data used for any other purposes?
What Rights do I have?
You have the following rights with respect to your Personal Data. You may exercise any of these rights by sending your request to DPO@ltts.com
Right to Access
You have the right to request from us information on the Personal Data about you that we process at any time. This also enables you to receive a copy of the Personal Data we hold about you.
Right to Rectification of Incorrect Data
If your Personal Data held by us is inaccurate, you have the right to seek rectification of such data without undue delay.
Right to Erasure
You have the right to request the erasure of your Personal Data.
Right to Request the Restriction of Processing
You have the right to restrict of processing of your Personal Data at any point of time.
Right to Data Portability / Transfer to another party
In most cases, you have the right to receive all Personal Data you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format and to transmit this data to another data controller, where technically feasible.
Right to Object
You may object to our use of your Personal Data for marketing purposes.
You may also object to processing of your Personal Data in cases where we have used legitimate interests as the basis for processing. In such cases, we will stop processing your Personal Data until we verify that we have compelling legitimate grounds for processing that outweigh your interests, rights, and freedoms in asking us to stop processing the data, or in limited cases where we need to continue processing the data for the establishment, exercise, or defence of legal claims.
Right to Withdraw Consent
You have the right to withdraw the Consent that you have provided to us for processing your Personal Data where we process your personal data on the basis of your consent.
Right to Automated Individual Decision-Making
We do not use your Personal Data to make decisions with legal or similar effects for you, based on the automated processing of your Personal Data only. In case we perform automated individual decision-making in the future, we will inform you of the same and your rights regarding opting-out of such processing.
If you are a California resident, you have the following rights under certain circumstances:
Right to Know:
You may have the right to request for disclosure of information about our collection and use of your Personal Data in the preceding 12 months.
Right to Delete:
You have the right to request for deletion of your Personal Data.
Right to non-discriminate:
You have the right to exercise any of the rights listed above (and any other rights under CCPA) without discrimination by us.
Retaining Personal Data
This section sets out our data retention policies and procedure, which are designed to help ensure that we comply with our legal obligations in relation to the retention and deletion of Personal Data.
Notwithstanding the other provisions of this section, we will retain documents (including electronic documents) containing Personal Data as specified hereunder:
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- If we believe that the documents may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk); and
- For recordkeeping purposes and/ or to complete any transactions that you had begun prior to requesting a change or deletion of your Personal Data.
Right to lodge a complaint before the Data Protection Authority
Please contact us at the contact details mentioned above, and we will assist you to identify the respective competent supervisory authority.
If you consider that our processing of your Personal Data infringes the applicable data protection laws, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular, in the EU Member State of your habitual residence, place of work, or the place of the alleged infringement.
HOW TO CONTACT US
Alternatively, you may choose to write to the Data Protection Officer at DPO@ltts.com