Data Monetization in Global Healthcare: New Perspectives
The global healthcare landscape is evolving. With the rise and growing adoption of new age digital technologies, we are witnessing an exponential expansion in the volume of patient data available to providers and manufacturers. By a recent estimate, about 30 percent of all global data is emerging from the healthcare sector alone.
However, the voluminous data generated is often siloed and inaccessible to the relevant users at the right time, minimizing its potential for unlocking new value paradigms across an increasingly interconnected global ecosystem. In this emerging scenario, the demand for data monetization in healthcare has become increasingly vital as providers seek out new ways to generate revenue from their data assets.
mDaaS: New Perspectives
One of the platforms that have emerged to facilitate this process is mDaas (Medical Data as a service) mDaaS is a cloud-based solution that allows healthcare organizations to securely store, manage, and analyze their data for unlocking new value paradigms.
The platform enables data monetization by providing access to various data analytics tools, helping organizations derive insights from their data. These insights can then be leveraged to develop new products and services, improve existing ones, and identify new revenue streams.
Here are some of the areas in which healthcare organizations can monetize their data using platforms like mDaaS:
- Clinical research: Healthcare organizations can monetize their data by sharing access to their clinical data to pharmaceutical companies, research organizations, and other interested parties in compliance with relevant regulatory standards. Researchers can use this leverage to identify new treatments, drugs, and therapies.
- Population health management: mDaaS helps healthcare organizations identify at-risk patients and develop targeted interventions to improve their health outcomes. This can be monetized by selling access to this information to insurance companies, employers, and other organizations interested in reducing healthcare costs.
- Telemedicine: Telemedicine is a rapidly growing field that allows healthcare providers to deliver care remotely. mDaaS enables healthcare organizations collect and analyze data from remote patient monitoring devices, which can then be leveraged to develop new telemedicine products and services.
- Personalized medicine: mDaaS enables healthcare organizations develop personalized medicine products and services based on patient data. This can be monetized by selling access to these products and services to patients, healthcare providers, and insurers.
- Predictive analytics: mDaaS allows healthcare organizations to leverage predictive analytics for identifying patients at risk of developing certain conditions. This can be monetized by selling access to this information to insurance companies, employers, and other interested parties.
Data monetization through platforms like mDaaS can help healthcare organizations generate revenue from their data assets. By using data analytics tools, healthcare organizations can derive insights from their data, which can be used to develop new products and services, improve existing ones, and identify new revenue streams.
As the global healthcare industry continues to embrace digital transformation, data monetization is likely to become an increasingly important source of revenue for healthcare organizations.
For more information, please download the flyer